Timeless stories, writing advice, readings and reflections on life, insights on Appalachian culture and history, tragedy and beauty. Writing activities for all ages.
Here's a quick tour.
Includes the national award-winning West Virginia Public Radio series
* Visit each writer's home page. Hear their voices.
* Play or download a 58-minute audio visit with each writer. Or play shorter segments. Your choice!
* Play these writers' voices in a class or presentation. It's easy, and students love it.
* Each program is divided into downloadable audio tracks of 2 - 12 minutes.
* You can download the transcript of each program, labeled with track numbers.
* Each table of contents helps you locate tracks that interest you: readings, advice on writing, childhood memories, etc.
* Six activities pages of writing exercises for all
ages: a chance to learn
from great writers.
* More to come! West
Virginia is packed with
These are 14 of them.
The perception of West Virginia as a literary backwater was thoroughly demolished by these programs."
~ Graffiti Weekly
Original broadcast on
West Virginia Public Radio
"These are world-class writers. Their writing would be considered great, no matter where they came from. And there's plenty more where they came from."
- Ann Pancake